Birdoswald, overlooking the River Irthing Gorge, is the site of the longest remaining stretch of the wall, standing with a Roman Fort, Turret and Milecastle, making this a popular stopping point for walkers and cyclists.
- Location: Gilsland, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 7DD, 4 miles West of Greenhead, off B6218. Signposted from A69 at Brampton Roundabout.
- Nearby: Brampton 8 miles, Haltwhistle 7 miles, Carlisle 18 miles, Hexham 22 miles.
- Opening times: 10:00 until 18:00, Monday to Sunday, open all year, last admission 30 minutes before closing – serviced during opening hours.
- Parking: 200m from the site, space for 50 cars, free for members only, disabled parking 50m from entrance.
- Facilities: Café, picnic area, shop & toilets, baby changing facilities, wheelchair access, dog friendly.
- Things to do: Museum, Exhibitions, Gardens, walks.