CHESTERS ROMAN FORT
Chesters, the most complete Roman Fort in Britain and one of the Roman Empires most northern outposts, is the ideal location to see an amazing collection of artefacts and unusually well-preserved baths, steam-room and Roman Officers Quarters,
- Location: Chollerford, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 4EU – ¼ mile West of Chollerford, off B6318
- Nearby: Chollerford/Humshaugh ¼ mile, Walwick 1 mile, Hexham 6 miles, Corbridge 9 miles.
- Opening times: 10:00 until 17:00, Monday to Sunday, summer timetable, last admission 30 minutes before closing – serviced during opening hours.
- Parking: 60 spaces, 4 disabled, coach park, charges apply, free for members.
- Facilities: Public toilets, baby changing facilities, tea-room, shop, museum, play areas, dog friendly.
- Things to do: Museum, shopping, walking.