Denton Burn is an area situated on the outskirts of Newcastle City Centre, where a small section of Hadrians Wall can be seen, being the first substantial length of wall visible west of Newcastle. The site also contains the remains of a turret, known as Denton Hall Turret and a milecastle is presumed buried beneath a once modern housing development nearby.
- Location: Turret Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 7TH – 4 miles west of Newcastle upon Tyne – off A69 and A1.
- Nearby: Newcastle 4 miles, Corbridge 16 miles, Hexham 19 miles.
- Opening times: not applicable.
- Parking: small, free of charge car park (next to Library), on-street parking in local area.
- Facilities: pub, shops, café, post office, library.
- Things to do: shopping, eating.