Housesteads Roman Fort is the remains of an auxiliary fort on Hadrian’s Wall, located in Bardon Mill in Northumberland. You can wander around the barracks, hospital and toilets, or take a walk to the famous Sycamore Gap.
- Location: Bardon Mill, Hexham, Northumberland, NE47 6NN – off A69.
- Nearby: Hexham 12 miles, Corbridge 16 miles, Carlisle 28 miles.
- Opening times: 10:00 until 16:00, Monday to Sunday – open all year, serviced during opening hours.
- Parking: pay on exit, 3 hours for £3, longer than 3 hours incurs hourly charge of £2.
- Facilities: toilets, baby changing, play area, visitor centre, gift shop, picnic area, museum, dog friendly.
- Things to do: walking, eating.