Standing close to Hadrians Wall, Lanercost Priory, the best preserved Cumbrian Monastry, boasting a dramatic triple tier of arches, this 13th century building is set in some of the most tranquil and beautiful surroundings.
- Location: Lanercost, Brampton, Northumberland, CA8 2HQ – off A69.
- Nearby: Carlisle 13 miles, Brampton 2 miles, Hexham 27 miles.
- Opening times: 10:00 until 18:00, Monday to Sunday, Easter to November – last admission 30 minutes before closing – serviced during opening hours.
- Parking: next to church, 20 spaces also available next to tearooms (2 mins from entrance).
- Facilities: no toilets, tearoom, farm shop, picnic area.
- Things to do: walking, eating.