Vindolanda and Roman Army Museum, was a Roman auxiliary fort just south of Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland, located near the village of Bardon Mill. Although first built by the Roman army before Hadrian’s Wall, Vindolanda became an important construction and garrison base for the Wall, a Hadrian’s Wall fort in its own right.
- Location: Chesterholm Museum, Bardon Mill, Northumberland, NE47 7JN – from the A69 at Bardon Mill or from the B6318.
- Nearby: Hexham 13 miles, Carlisle 27 miles, Haltwhistle 5.5 miles.
- Opening times: 10:00 until 17:00/18:00 (depending on Museum and date), Monday to Sunday, March to November – serviced during opening hours.
- Parking: free at both sites, designated blue badge spaces.
- Facilities: assistance dogs only, disabled parking and accessibility, onsite parking, picnic area, museum, shop.
- Things to do: walking, shopping, eating.